This Atex and IECEx magnetic motor starter has as main purpose to control the switch on and switch off an Ex motor, and besides to guarantee a reliable protection against electric problems which could be presents.
This device has some components: Internal components (motor protection and contactor) and control components (selector switch and double button)
Its components are protected with a stainless steel AISI 304 Atex enclosure, specially designed, antirust, waterproof and with IP66 protection.
This ATEX & IECEx magnetic motor starter has as main purpose to control the switch on and switch off an Ex motor, and besides to guarantee a reliable protection against electric problems which could be presents.
This device has some components:
• Internal components
Motor protection: keeps the motor without damages after an electric problem as short circuits, overloads and phase failures.
Contactor: makes possible the motor’s work, allowing or not the current flow.
• Control components
Selector switch: switches on and off the motor protection, and at the same time allows or block the current to go to the contactor.
Double button: allows the current to go through contactor with ON position (1) and blocks the current in contactor with OFF position (0).
The Ex magnetic motor starter is secure, reliable and strong. Its components are protected with a stainless steel AISI 304 ATEX enclosure, specially designed, antirust, waterproof and with IP66 protection. It has a protection “Ex e” and “Ex d” allowing us to use it in zones with high explosion risk, outdoor and antirust.
· Fast switch off when there is an overload.
· Avoids the fuses thanks to motor protection in the switching on.
· Longer useful life cause of motor protection.
· Easy assembly.
· It’s possible to get the coil with low voltages, controlling high capacity motors with a low voltage circuit.
· Possibility of manufacturing the ATEX & IECEx starter with stainless steel AISI 316L.
ATEX directive and regulation:
- ATEX directive 2014/34/EU
- EN 60079-0:2012
- EN 60079-1:2007
- EN 60079-7:2015
- EN 60079-31:2010
- IEC 60079-0:2011
- IEC 60079-1:2006
- IEC 60079-7:2015
- IEC 60079-31:2013
- Norma IP IEC 60529-2004
- Norma IK IEC 622622002
Low voltage directive and regulation:
- Directive 2006/95/EC
- EN 61439-12011
- EN 61439-22011
Specially designed for the following areas where facilities require additional safety atex:
- Oil & Gas.
- Offshore & High sea.
- Industry and automation.
- Chemical and refineries.
- Maritime and port.
- Food & Beverage.
- Paper industry.
- Air transport.
- Nuclear and renewable.
And in general, hazardous areas and explosive atmospheres where flameproof equipment are necessary.
· To protect the motor against tension fall, it can be possible to add an auto trip to shut the motor down when it’s being injured.
· You can choose between range of over load trip of motor protection, voltage of AC contactor and power, to be sure what kind of magnetic starter you want.
· The voltage of AC contactor can be: 24, 36 48, 110, 220-230 and 380-400V, but the most used one is 220-230V.
· The enclosure can be manufactured with stainless steel AISI 316L to marines or highly corrosive places.
· Cable glands available in any size and thread and they can be with stainless steel.